Can I Pick Up A Package From USPS Before Delivery? is the most asked question on the internet because everyone wants their package comes fast to them,
So they want to know what to do if I want to collect a Package From USPS. If you also want to know the answer to this question, read this post till the end.
Many people ordered something from an online store, but they can’t seem to wait for delivery. That’s why this question comes to their mind, are you one of them, if yes! Then below is good news for you.
Let’s come to the question,
Can I Pickup A Package From USPS Before Delivery
Can I Pick Up A Package From USPS Before Delivery? Yes, you can pick up your package from USPS before delivery, but many things vary, i.e., your delivery location, post office location, and a valid reason to do this, And many others that you can see below.
USPS Package Intercept
The first method is package intercept. If you want your parcel before delivery, then this option is for you. If your package reaches the delivery destination, you can use this feature to redirect your package to another address or hold your package that has not yet come to your doorstep.
Intercept option only works with letters, parcels, and flats, with tracking barcode. And it requires some of the approval to avail of this service. To use this service, you’ve to contact your post office, or you can log in to your USPS account and ask them your package is eligible for Intercept or not,
You can also go to this link to check you’re eligible or not; Once they approve you, you can collect your parcel before delivery.
How to avail of this service
- You just have to confirm that you’re eligible or not.
- Once you get the confirmation, login into your USPS account.
- Request with that package that you want this package before delivery and submit all the details.
- This process requires some kind of approval process, and once they approve you, you will get a message from USPS.
- If you got a confirmation email, congrats, you’re now eligible to get the package before delivery.
Simply go to the post office and collect your package and enjoy!
Restrictions on package Intercept
- Shipments with a barcode can avail of this service
- Packages girth and length should be not more than 274cm.
- This service only works with all domestic mail services, not with periodicals and USPS marketing mails.
- You don’t have to pay any fee if your package is not intercepted, and if your package is intercepted, then charges will apply to each request.
- The intercept fee is non-refundable once the payment is completed.
- There are a few more restrictions that you can see on the official website.
Hold for pickup on USPS
USPS offers Hold for pickup service, in which you’ve to option to go to the post office and receive your package, but for this, you’ve to tell them that you want to pick up your courier by yourself.
Once they accept your package for Hold, USPS will send you a message and email regarding package hold confirmation; however, this option is now only for priority mail express service users.
Once your package goes on Hold, you can go and simply collect your order. If you didn’t go within 4-5days, they would send you one more time message and email regarding your hold package.
Note- you can hold your package for some time; if you won’t be able to collect your package within 15 days, then the package will be returned to the sender.
Sometimes they won’t allow you to pick by yourself, Then you’ll have to wait until that package is delivered to you.
This service works on:
- Hold service only works on Priority Mail express Packages
This service does not work on:
- Hold service does not work on First-Class Mail letters, flats, and others.
Can I Pick Up Package From USPS Without Notice?
if my package is at the post office, can I pick it up
Is USPS Package Intercept Free?
How Much Does USPS Package Intercept Cost?
As you saw all the information related to Can I Pick Up Package From USPS Before Delivery, I hope all your queries have been solved after reading this.
So, you can’t collect your package before delivery without any approval notice. You have to pass with some approval process. if you got approval, you could collect your packages.
If you’ve any valid reason like some emergency issues, you don’t want to deliver because you may not be home at the delivery time or any other issues. There might be chances to get approval quickly.
If you’ve any doubt or queries related to Can I Pick Up A Package From USPS Before Delivery, you can contact the post office or customer care; they will surely help you with this.